Eligibility for Global Judging
To be eligible to advance to Global Judging from either a Local Event or the Universal Event, your team and/or project must meet certain requirements. See the Space Apps 2023 Project Submission Guide for details. Here is a list of the minimum requirements:
- Respond to one of the official Space Apps 2023 challenges. Please note: Projects submitted to “Create Your Own Challenge” will not be eligible for Global Judging.
- Ensure that all team members are registered for Space Apps 2023, have chosen a Local Event (and are not waitlisted), and appear on the Members tab of your Team’s page. Teams will not be able to add new members after project submission has closed. The maximum number of team members allowed is six, and the minimum is one.
- Complete all of the required fields on the project submission page.
- Use English language on the project submission page and in any linked materials. Exception: If your team chooses to create a video for the Project “Demo,” you can speak in another language. However, it MUST include English language subtitles.
- Ensure that the project does not contain profanity or inappropriate language.
- Submit your project by navigating to the project tab on your team page, click edit, and then "submit for judging" by Sunday, October 8 at 11:59 PM local time, in accordance with the local time of the Local Event of your Team Owner. Exception: If your team is registered for the Universal Event, your project must be submitted in accordance with the local time of the Team owner who created your team. Contact your Local Lead if you have questions about the deadline for your Local Event.
- Adhere to all rules within the Space Apps Participant Terms and Conditions.
- Agree to and check the box on the project submission page that says, “I confirm that the submitted project represents my team’s original work and that all external resources including code, text, and images used in the project (even if they are open source or freely available) are listed in the References field of the project submission form. In creating our solution, my team has not used any copyrighted materials (i.e., music, images, text, etc.) that we don’t have permission to use.”